martes, 29 de marzo de 2011

Ruta Maya

We are now doing the one month countdown before the trip of a life time, 18 days through Mexico's south coast, going down to guatemala and up to Cancun. Like every trip, half of it is the planification, the ''omg omg omg, 15 days life!!!'' period. And this is what this post is all about. 75% of it will be about telling you the 5 things I can't wait to do, and the other 25% will be about making you so jealous, you'll be starting spanish class on google translate. So here we go, the top five things I can't wait to do in the trip of a lifetime, Ruta Maya.

5. Brazilians: I know, that's not a place, neither something to do, but it's a way of living. It will be my way of living for those 18 days. Taking life slow, being awake from 6h00 a.m. up to 1h00 a.m., bringing 2 shirts and a bathing suit and doing stuff just because in your head your like ''when will be the next time I can do this?''. That's brazil life. It's actually impossible to describe, you just feel it, you smell it, you hear it, we just do it. Yes I said ''we'', I really consider myself brazilian :)
4. Dia 2 - Cañon del sumidero: The pictures can talk for themselves

3. Dia 10 - Palenque-Uxmal: (This explication counts for number 3 and 2.) Ok, this is really not something hard to explain. This trip was called after them. They were the leaders in math, languages, art, architecture and astronomy. If you compare them to other pre-spanish civilization they ruled for a damn long time (Ince: 350 years, Aztec: 350 years, Maya: More then 1000 years). They are the Maya, the most bad-ass civilization after Chuck Norris. We will be visiting some of the most famous parts of their empire. What else is their to say?

2. Dia 12 - Chichen Itza: Read number 3 por favor

1. Dia 13-17 - Cancun/Playa del Carmen: I want you to close your eyes and think of this for a moment. You have been living a year of bad ass things in a bad ass country. Traveling, learning new stuff and discovering about yourslef, you can now honestly say that you are part of this country. And even though you live in a beautiful place, they invite you to go to paradise, a place the locals here call cancun. You'll be going there with people from every continent in the world, that you love from the bottom of your heart, doing the beach bum, drinking beers and listening to your favorite latina music. I don't think we, exchange students, even understand the power of this paradise. Beaches, dancing in latino clubs, simply doing the things that would make god proud of having invented a place like this. After those few days, I wont say that I'm part of this country, I'll say that this country is part of me.

Good luck sleeping to all the exchange students

1 comentario: